Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ageing

Well here goes. We are all getting older.  Yep its true.  I have been dodging it as best I can with hand lotion, hair dye, and a lot of mirror avoidance but today it was apparent that I am no longer as agile at avoidance.  Today . . Large over exaggerated sigh.. I got glasses.

I see great close up but not so much far away.  My Doctor nudged me and said give it two years and you'll need them for both.  Thank you adorable Indian woman not wearing glasses, thank you for that.

What I learned?  There are a lot of different frames.  A lot of them look crummy on me (great narrows it down). I don't like the ones that touch my cheeks ( I got a lot of cheek). The ones with the nose prong thingies get stuck in my hair when I push them up to read. I really could have used the opinion of my 8 year old but here is what I got. 

Blue cuz it's my favorite color. The pair the random old lady in the store did NOT recommend, felt that was a safe bet. Lastly they felt good and I have already mastered mirror avoidance.  So hip hip horray to my newest accessory and getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment