Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rookie Mommy Mistake

So Mommy made a herself a huge mistake.  There was one of those little carnivals new our supermarket a few weeks ago.  Well... without thinking we decided to pull in and put the kids on a few rides.  There was a little roller coaster, cars and a bear ride.  The kids were so so so excited Logan was giggling in delight at the idea of riding the bear.  Well we marched our happy behinds up there and my heart just broke. Alas Logan was too short to ride any of the rides.  I had already talked with Sophia that she could only ride the ones Logan could and she was fine with that.  When we realized though that he couldn't ride anything well lets just say I had a moment.
Sophia bless her 4 year old love filled heart, she looked and David and I and said "Momma don't worry we can just go to the carousel at the beach." (Jantzen Beach) Signing to David hurry Dad horses.  Then she took her brother by the hand and talked about how we would go "and maybe we could get ice cream after if we are real sweet."  Well Logan had himself a full on 2 year old tantrum (and rightfully so in my mind he wanted to ride the dang rides) and Sophia just went right along telling him how it was OK and that we would do something else fun and not to cry. (Have I said how proud I was?  I actually sat in the front of the car all teary eyed listening to her.)
...and I'll be damned if she wasn't right we did have a great time.




...and they were real sweet and did get themselves an ice cream


I think he forgave his Momma for the little error in judgement.
p.s. we did drive clear around that supermarket until the carnival was gone... good riddance I say (I hope he is tall enough next year!

1 comment:

  1. That is so impressive! I love to hear of the sisterly love Sophia has for Logan. I miss the kids!

    ReplyDelete