Thursday, September 8, 2011

Be courageous

There she stands the tallest in her class my little girl growing and learning with all her might.  She stands at the ready excited and loving that she alone, is going to school. (Little brothers are not aloud you know).  I miss the excitement of that first day,  but she tells me all the important things.  She is the "Rock Princess" as her shirt announces and that her skirt is perfect for being a pirate.  All her old friends have gone on to kindergarten but that's ok because now there are new ones.  Except Sydney who she wishes "was just a little more her age and not bigger."   She tells me that a mommy liked her skirt and she told her that I could give her the pattern because I made it and then she could make one for her little girl.  That Mr. Tonio (Antonio) doesn't have a toehawk (mohawk) like daddy said and that he is still very tall.  That she likes her new teacher and that she wants to write "a newsletter for Daddy but don't tell him it's a secret."  That her favorite word is still courageous and that she liked playing kitchen with the boys.

I listen...
children maybe born to us or raised by us, but they are really only ours for a short time.  The world is ready for sweet Sophia and she ready for it, even though I am not ready to give her up.  I guess though, I am happy to share her.

Be courageous  Phia, Mommy is watching.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she looks so old. I love your post! I miss you guys! I see she has new shoes on... has she moved on from rubber boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, that warms my heart! Sydney is doing well so far in Kindergarten but doesn't have a good buddy like Sophia. Best wishes for a super new school year, to all of you!

    ReplyDelete