Saturday, September 10, 2011

Orange Outfit 3

What do you want next Sophia?
"An orange dress and I want oranges on it not just the color."

Coming right up!  Here is her orange dress.

Well shoot no orange printed fabric but hey an artist for a husband.  "Sweetie do you mind drawing me up an orange?"  So off he went to draw me up an orange on some master carve rubber that I had left over from my nieces gift last year.  I carved out the stamp and using fabric paint stamped then splatters some juice on it.
Pattern is Lil blue boo Sienna dress (super simple, great directions, great blank slate for modifying)
used Lil blue boo free Beret patten for the hat.
She loved it!

Moral of the story if you ask a 4 year old what she wants, be ready to get creative.

as an aside Lil blue boo also did an orange dress but she silk screens hers which makes the pattern really sharp.  We did not see hers until after ours was completed though I think ours turned out super cute as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment