Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pretend


Dressed in my niece Daria’s poncho that was made by my aunt Mary, with her new Dora backpack underneath giving her a psychedelic hunchback appearance, carrying a black studded purse that she got for Christmas from her Auntie Hillarie and pad and pen…. never without her pad and pen Sophia says….

“Mom I am going to school now.”
“Ok, how are you getting there?” I say cutting the vegetables.
“Taking the bus, hold on I have a call.” She pulls out her current phone which happens to be made of legos.  “No I am going to get a ride with my boyfriend.”
“You’re not old enough to ride in a car with a boy.”
“Maaaooom (add the tone of impatience) it is only for pretend I am 6 in pretend.”
“You have to be 18 to ride in a car with a boy.”
“Ok I can be 18, see you after school mom. Love you.”

Plant the seed early and pray for sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment