Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Missing

It is has been a tough year. Losing my mom and then two friends.  People who made the world a funny and hopeful place. All to cancer.  I feel heavy in my heart, in my head, and in the pit of my belly.  I tell myself to look to the light and hope for the future. To focus on the good in people and to take time to breathe.   I wish to send my sadness up and away. 

A friend recently told me life is really just a series of changes that you go through from beginning to end, and that at the root of change is loss. You can't have change without the loss of something. So really, life is loss.

If that is the case then can I lose cancer. Can I change it so it's no worse then a hangnail or a pimple.

Cancer I ban you from stealing another life, from hurting another loved one, from touching another family.

No comments:

Post a Comment