Monday, December 19, 2016

Things to remember

Today was not ordinary, but the ordinary moments are the ones I choose to remember. Snowday meant we got to sleep in. Sophia did my hair into a tragic mess of 5 rubberbands that took a large chunk of my hair with it upon removal. The kids went out in the slippery wet mess and sledded.  Breaking the made in America sled in little more then 30 minutes. It didn't matter, that memory was well worth the $9.00. Then we went to see Star Wars and out to eat.  The moment I chose to remember today though is no more than a minute.  I took Logan to the john before the movie and he held my hand.  Still 7 and always so busy it is a rare moment when he slows down to walk with me. His feet are rarely both on the ground at once. One is on a curb the other lunging for some other point while twisting or dabbing or wiggling and jiggling. Today though his hand, warm and a little sticky held mine, and it felt just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment