Thursday, November 8, 2012

Seriousness

Today Logan had an evaluation.  He is still not able to get those blasted words out. Oh but how that little boy tries.  He gestures, he signs, he spits out some gobblygook and bless his enormous heart he forgives when you don’t get it.   I just love that guy! Well of course he went in there and was just as sweet as he could be all smiles and happy to please.  I was such a proud Mama as I often am.

Then came the psychologist who could not have been sweeter.  She rattled off a list of questions and I answered away.  Then came the moment...the moment when you just want to shrivel up and step onto the deepest darkest part of the planet.

So what is Logan good at?  Of course this thrilled me to no end to talk about what he is good at.

He can build anything,  he will see something once and go build it out of legos, playdough or bits of string and sticks.  Anything like vehicles, buildings or weapons.
            Yes that’s right I just told a psychologist that my 3 year old son is a master at building weapons.  Then the studder and the save.
He also rides his bike without training wheels, walks on a balance beam without help and can climb anything.

Now I am proud of my little master builder of all things dangerous but maybe next time I won’t share that with the school psychologist.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds a lot like our Zoe, she wasnt talking but very good in sign language and what you described above. I had an elderly neighbor (actually a relation by marriage to Pat Almer, this woman's name was Pat Almer too...) she and her husband told me not to fret because they in their 80's had a daughter who did the same thing...they will talk when they are ready is what they told me. Zoe did not start talking until she was almost four. So hang in there my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete