Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Not so cute!

So as I am struggling my way back into real clothes from a body by baby that is now 9 going on 10 months old.  I am so green with envy as those mamma's that breast feed and the pounds fall off, not the case for me.  I found myself today feeling cute.  I had new boots from David, new sweater from in-laws, shirt from mom and a skirt I made via the fabric from a work friends donation.  I left the house feeling groovy and hip.  All lumps and bumps hidden.

Upon arriving at work.  My co-worker took one look at me and said yikes your eyes look terrible.  Then another and another and well, a few kids had to make comment and once again for the second day I brought my red bleary eyes home to my family who love me anyway, and don't care that I look cute in my outfit.  They in fact would rather I had on sweats and a shirt that I don't mind having a peanut butter hand print on the front and baby puke on the shoulder.  

I shall try agian getting cute and going in, but only if David assures me that I don't look like a red eyed monster.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Funny how no matter how cute we dress or how much time we spend on our hair, what people notice is how tired we look! I've felt like the red, puffy-eyed monster lately too, since my little one gets scared at least twice-a-night. Ah well, they still love us as mom, right?

    ReplyDelete