Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break and Raining

Well here we are Spring Break and the Weather is pitiful so what to do?
Bagels!!!

              

Yep look Wanky, but oh my are they delish!  My new best friend has been since Christmas "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day"  LOVE THIS BOOK.  One small tip these were way too big.  They say small peach I think but I went Fuji apple LOL.

Since I have had a few days now to get on track around the house (still dealing with Mount Washmore) I watched Food Inc.and saw Jamie Olivers Food Revolution on TV.  I bought his book  which looks great but has a lot of meat dishes. I read "Disease-Proof Your Child, Feeding Kids Right" and we went on a family field trip to Bob's Red Mill to see how they make flour.


So what does all this mean?  I am scared to death about what we eat!  We had to hit the grocery store today and with next to nothing in the bank and no income coming in for David this week, I was very careful not to overspend.  We shall see how I did over the course of the week.  Being at home this week sure makes it easier to get a good home cooked meal on the table and I want to try some new recipes I just really need to get my organizational skills on track for food.  Weekly menu, shopping lists healthy habits for the kids etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment