Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sewing for Birthdays and a new challange!

Well Sophia got invited to a bowling party today! FUN!  She had never been bowling before and wow it was a hit.  I can see taking the whole family sometime. She had an amazing time with her buddies which is always fun to watch.
Part of the time they used this wire contraption and part they did it on their own.

Kellan has this superman shirt and he looks just like superman in it (ADORABLE) so a superman logo with a K inside was in order.  David drew it out and Sophia picked out blue cord material from my stash.  It is long so it would fit the remote control dump truck she picked out for him. 

Sisterly love!

I liked the way it turned out and both kids said they wanted one soooo looks like I will be doing a little more sewing.
I think this was a good way to start my newest stash busting challenge.   Here goes... One project a week from only stash fabrics.  This would be 48 projects this year.  
RULES YOU ASK???
I can of course purchase notions, I can accept donated fabrics  and I can buy muslin if necessary for lining but no purchasing any other fabrics.  I can also use recycled fabrics only if they are already owned or donated.  Sound good?? Any loop holes you think I can finagle?? OK full disclosure tomorrow I will take pictures of the amount of fabric I have... it is almost embarrassing though in my defense lots of it has been donated to the umm cause I mean me.

No comments:

Post a Comment