Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Vegan Times

Veganized Bran Muffins
These were great the kids snarfed them down!
I am not much of a cook.  Never have been.  My brother got my mom's mad skills in the kitchen and I got my Dad's.  (Sorry Dad)  Yearly I go to a candy making party with some great friends at her parents farm.  We spend the day yakking and making candy.  This lovely group of ladies know me.  I stumble around, read the recipes about 30 times, and even though in the past 9 some years I have improved I am the weak link of the group.  Well this year we got a special treat.  Maggie's Dad supplied me with a massive and I truly mean massive amount of potatoes and acorn squash.
We have eaten them every which way but up and I have to  say we are not sick of them.  I still have a little stash left and they are the best tasting and bizarrest shaped babies you have ever seen.
My point oh yeah... so we went to a vegan restaurant last weekend and they had a poorboy sandwich that was potato salad in a sandwich so what has David been eating this week?

No idea what's up with the color there but this was yummm!  This whole vegan adventure has been good for me.  I have taken more cooking chances and had more cooking successes then I have ever had before. I will definitely walk away with a few more recipes to add to my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment