Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Well after another night without restorative sleep I keep on truckin'.  It was a fun filled night with Christmas preparation in mind. 

We have a family tradition of one new ornament a year. This was started I believe by my grandmother and for David and I looks more like a decoration.  Not many things are safe out this year.  Logan is pulling himself up and Trailing along all the walls furniture and yes the tree.  So with that in mind we got a tree topper that was soft and well just plain awesome. 



Yeah that's right Yoda with a light up saber I mean is that cool or what!
Then we also got a box from GAB and GUR from Germany!  We are not opening it yet because I have a strong feeling that anything inside would not stay wrapped until Christmas.  We will most likely open Christmas eve.


Every year for wow, not sure how long I have spent one exhaustingly fun weekend at a Graduate School friend's mom's place making candy.  We each bring 6 dozen or so cookies to trade and then we bring home piles of goodies.  My first year I had no idea how to even melt chocolate.  I wouldn't say I am seasoned, but with friendly support and Ginny's warm and inviting kitchen and more pans and bowls then I have ever seen in my life, there is almost no way to go wrong.  We try one new recipe a year and then vote to keep or toss the next year.  I will give you the full report Saturday night or Sunday if I am not able to think from the sugar crash.  Tonight we made our cookies.  This is actually a candy, I am told but we are calling it a cookie.   Shauna my partner in crime at work and a close friend gave me this recipe after we got our flu shots, yes s meaning 2 of them. 

A square pretzel with a Rolo candy bake at 250 for 4 min then squish a pecan on the top.  We did a pecan on half and a green and red m-n-m on the other.  It was a blast.  Sophia did an amazing job helping take off the wrappers and putting the Rolo on the pretzels.  She then taught Daddy how to do it.


She gave him a full explanation.  "First unwrap, unwrap, unwrap, unwrap (add a melody here she was singing it)  then no Daddy you don't eat it, you put it here.  Not like this (showing him upside down) like this.  See it easy Daddy. Now you do it."
I would say the easiest cookie/candy ever and I am ready for Saturday so I can go to bed at 8:00 tonight!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie. I love the "add a melody here" line. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete