Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Memory Book


At my recent candy making marathon where we made these...





Which I took to work today and they miraculously disappeared so I don't have to eat them.
Maggie our fearless leader gave us each a memory book of our adventures that began in 2002.
You must know also that Maggie is a scraper extraordinaire and my pictures are terrible and don't show how amazingly awesome it is in person but here goes.


The Great Candy-Making Extravaganza


Christiane, Maggie, Me and Gini with the nut clusters recipe below.


Jo holding a one month old sleeping Phia.


Before marriage and kids look how thin I was. Ha a lot has changed in 6 years I guess this is going to be my goal picture :0


I LOVE this pic.  Here is Christiane, always a kick in the pants.  Check out the Grinch shirt! She is a superstar caught in the act eating a spoonful of something nummy!

This book is seriously a trip down memory lane of the best kind. It has absolutely foolproof recipes. Especially if I can make them with a minimum of incident. 
We do yearly burn a batch of dipping chocolate, ruin some Almond Rocha, and we have all but given up making divinity (Gini does it) but we always have a mighty good time and we leave with more goodies then you can shake a stick at.  Thanks Maggie for corralling us yearly and Gini for hosting us and buying all the supplies. A yearly tradition that I truly enjoy! (after the sugar headache subsides)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. Yummmmmm. I gained four pounds just reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete