Monday, December 28, 2009

More and More Home Made Hand Made gifts


As promised the final peek at the gifts I gave this year!













Skirt made for my mother-in-law  from pattern in "Alabama Chainin".  Lots of hand-stitching will definitely make one for myself.  Made with second hand shirts.










Crown and cape for the Queen.



Strawberry Shortcake hat and skirt.  Fabric for the skirt was in the scored stash from my co-worker friend who also sews.  Skirt from Olive Ann designs "The Lovable Bubble" and hat from Sew Baby, The Hat Shop "Newsboy"
Now I have had my wonderful mother-in-law here since Christmas eve and have cut out a pattern for a shirt and a small purse and have made an awesome skirt all for myself.  Payback for more long hours of gift making.  She has taught me how to fit a pattern, measure etc. so no more flub-ups I hope with my clothing making!

1 comment:

  1. I love that skirt. I mean, I really really really love that skirt. You know that I like skirts. I LOVE THAT SKIRT! Okay, if you got the idea that I love that skirt c'mon over to my house for a playdate and show me how to make myself one, or two, or three. Did I mention that I love that skirt? I do.

    ReplyDelete