Thursday, February 4, 2010

Breakfast for dinner

I am not the best cook and I made some effort this summer to really make improvements.  Some of my efforts turned out great some well...a flop or two are good for the soul...with failure comes success...you eat less if it tastes like low grade dog food....

Now in my family breakfast is it.  It is
A. The meal my husband knows how to cook.
B. The food both kids like
C. Cheap

So I got an email from flylady saying have breakfast for dinner one time a week.  What a novel idea.  Then I saw a post on http://orangette.blogspot.com/(if you haven't checked out her book and blog do she's AwEsOmE) Oatmeal pancakes!  Home run! The directions ... easy... you do have to soak the oatmeal in the buttermilk overnight-mine sat all night and the next day as well in the fridge.  Verdict Daughter ate almost 2 by herself, Son ate a whole one, Husband cleaned his plate (that's a huge sign). 

I am will definately be doing breakfast for dinner one night a week from here on out!

1 comment: