Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sewing Sadness

Sew excited! ;) Got a free pattern from Sew Liberated.  Love her patterns! A Pilot cap.  So I sliced up one of my husbands old favorite shirts.
He was tickeled with the result as he has renamed the cap the wrestling cap. He was quite the wrestler in High School, 4th in State!

Turned out very cool.  Then the sadness.  TOOOOOOO SMALL!
Not even close to fitting over his big noggin! I had the same problem with the shirt pattern I got from her.  She writes an excellent pattern, lots of tips for peeps like me who are not seamstresses.  The patterns as super cute but they seem to not fit.  In this case I did check the measurement before I cut the pattern (Thanks Mary)  I also checked the fabric to make sure I got the type correct (again thanks Mary). 

Why 2 you ask? Well I don't sew until the kiddos are asleep and I was so excited how the first one turned out I just thought I would whip out a second. 

 I have two theories on this.  One the printing made them not stretchy enough or two I don't have the stretch running the right direction even though I did think I checked before I cut.  Either way I will be sewing up another one.  David's closet is getting smaller :) Meg is still awesome and I would still recommend checking out her book and blog.

On happy news spent time painting a birthday gift with Phia today.  She did AWESOME!  I did a little touch up (couldn't help myself I love to paint)


3 is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh she is so intent on the project. Just adorable. Like her mom.

    ReplyDelete