Wednesday, November 18, 2009

AHH and ahh

AHH!!
A trying day at work.  The kind of day where you wonder who you are and why you're here.  I seem to be having more of these than I care to admit.  Too much to do, not enough time, and expectations of myself that are just plain too high.  All these things I know.  Knowing doesn't seem to change them.  Good friends with listening eyes often keep me sane and save me from myself.

ahh..
Arriving home my daughter greeted me with a joyful "Mommy you're home.  I wuv you."

My son crawled clear across the room to greet me with a smile.

Even the dog was happy to see me. His gray sad old beagle face transformed for a few minutes to bark and wag. He does get a treat when I arrive home but I still think he likes to see me as well.

My husband sighs a deep sigh of relief knowing he is no longer alone to deal with the trials and tribulations of the day.

After the hugs the dinner cooking begins.  Phia stabs and wraps the potato's and then helps Daddy make brownies.  Yes from a box but still yummy none the less.  I put the chicken in and then we take time to rest together.

Baths, baby feedings, diaper changes, bedtime books and children asleep. 

Now it's my time. 
Time to sleep?? no
Time to read?? not yet 
Time to sew?? you betcha I got a skirt to sew.  
 ahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment