Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pitter Patter and Carousel's

The rain was out in full force today.  I love the rain.  The smell, the excuse to read,  it cleans all the past sins away leaving the world fresh and clean.  Fall is my season... the rain as I mentioned, pumpkin anything, apples which I eat a minimum of one most always 2 daily and of course the triad of the eating holidays.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are the holidays that are made up of food.  I of course am not one to put a fork down and throughout the Fall there is no reason.

I found today though, that having children has jaded my view of the rain.  A rambuncious 2 year old locked up all day in the house without a trip to the park changes the peacefulness of the rain.  Though my daughter does not complain.  Her answer was heard loud and clear "carousel Mommy".

 Oh the creator of this grand contraption has earned a special thank you from me.  Not only did I get to stand Merrily next to the horse going around and around, and up and down I got to revel in Phia's delight.  "Giddap Terri Yehaww" Yes for whatever reason her horse's name was painted on the side of her saddle.  She was white with a purple and blue saddle with yellow rose flowers at the back.  It was one of the largest of the horses and Phia looked splendid riding her in her pink cowgirl hat.  When asked which carousel is best, Jantzen Beach is our number one.

While pregnant we went often.  A place to go in the rain that pleased us all.  I was too sick and off balance to ride.  I would watch remembering back to being 5 and riding it with my brother.  My father taking pictures and my Mom smiling and waving as we went round and round.  Now I feel the smile that my mother smiled and I see the pictures that David takes.  Full circle, generation to generation.... as the carosel turns.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture, the carousel spins you into the full circle of pictures. Dang that is good. No wonder you are a writer.

    ReplyDelete