Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful

I have been thinking a lot lately about all the things I am thankful for.  The time of year maybe brings it out in a all of us.  The excitement of Halloween and birthdays then the peacefulness of Thanksgiving before the bustle of Christmas.  I love it all.  Don't get me wrong I get stressed and overwhelmed and overworked but I still in the end enjoy the fall and winter for all the chaos it brings.

The year will end with a list of resolutions and then before you know it, it's spring.  The cycle rolls on and the years do as well.  It's hard to believe how many memories I have forgotten.  Everything seems so important in that moment and then it's gone.  "The Power of Now" as Eckhart Tolle would explain.

In this moment, this very moment I am thankful for...
Being Loved
Loving others
"I love you Mommy" even if it's in the middle of the night.
Baby toes, warm round bellies, and giggles
Husbands that do the dishes
Friends that become Mother-in-Laws
Baba's that bring yummies every Friday
Good friends that listen and commiserate and giggle and celebrate
family and friends that donate fabric
sewing machines and sergers
laptops and Internet
more books than I can possibly finish
more projects than I can finish

What things are you most thankful for today??

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful I know you. And I'm thankful I can hear your fabulous writings.

    ReplyDelete