Monday, November 23, 2009

Mommyhood

I would like to say I was the kind of Mother that..
Stayed at home
Is an excellent healthy cook
used cloth diapers
made all the baby food
never supplemented with formula
always had patience
didn't allow TV
had nothing but natural toys
had a clean house
....

But on a day like today after waking up at 4:00 am with my 8 month old, working in job that is mentally exhausting, I can really say what kind of parent I am.

I stopped on the way home to get Youskyme (the best teriyaki in town).
I happily threw away the dirty diapers (less laundry)
I fed the kids with homemade applesauce and store bought biter biscuit for my littlest.
I went to the bathroom almost alone while my son had a bottle
I can not count how many times I said in a loudish voice give your brother space
I am peacefully writing this while my 3 year old watches Caillou
I look around at the toys spewed like a volcano all around the house, many made of plastic. My daughter holding her favorite a Jessie doll from Toy Story and listen to her tell me she wants to ask Santa for a strawberry shortcake doll and a Dora game.

This is my reality.  In the end, my reality suits me just fine.  When the day is done and I have rocked Logan and read to Phia I know I am doing it all just right.

Good night sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

2 comments:

  1. hello my friend. Mary gave me your blog addy. You are a super mom and I have always loved you. What a great mind you have, always keeping it growing and never settling for less. I am proud to know you. Billi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? Just look at all you do. You amaze me, with all the sewing and parties and creative costumes and actually cooking some portions of the meal from scratch!!! Good job, I say. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete