Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaNoWriMo


I would prefer to talk about Halloween being that it is my favorite holiday, but of course I must begin and the beginning.


My purpose in bloggersville is NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. The month where all things good and bad take a backseat to writing. Where dishes pile up and laundry overflows. My poor husband shoulders much of the household burden except for the cooking, well because he can only prepare food that is ordered, boiled or micro waved fro enriched, fortified and preservative filled chemical concoctions that only resemblance to food is in taste and texture.


My 5th year as a Nano novelist, quite impressive considering I have 2 children under the age of 2 and a rewarding career as a teacher/librarian. Unimpressive in that I have yet to edit a one. A shout out the the dead bunny club. The writing group that so kindly accepts me when I do occasionally attend during summer vacation and other miscellaneous holidays.


This year I am taking a stab at non-fiction. What would it take to become a blogger? With that said I am off and running- well seeing how it just took be 2 hours to get this written and posted more like stumbling start.


Join the Nano fun at nanowrimo.org.


As they say "SLEEP IN DECEMBER!"


3 comments:

  1. Oh what happiness, what joy. I shall, forever, be your first follower.

    But hark, are you saying the food you described is not really food? It is what I eat. So, I've already learned something. :)

    As a member of the Dead Bunny Club, I love your wit, charm and imagination. I can barely wait to hear about this newest book. Good luck my writing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't look know but you're being followed! Shh don't turn around...one looks like a pirate - she's got a bottle of rum an a Dead Bunny in her hand. The other...eesh...I'd be worried about that one.

    Happy blogging I can't wait to read! Go Go NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's Olivia. I like this! Let's nanowrimo!

    ReplyDelete